Love in action
LIA exists to take the ministry of Jesus Christ outside the four walls of the church. Based on Matthew 25:35-36, our heart is to serve those who are often ignored.
James 1:27 say, "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
LIA focuses on a variety of needs such as: thirsty, hungry, naked, sick, prison and stranger, but our main emphasis is caring for orphans and widows.
We believe that together we can change the world by changing the world of ONE person. Therefore, we strongly encourage those in our church family to take an active role in helping us care for the orphans in our community and widows in our house by putting LOVE IN ACTION in one of the following ways:
- Become a licensed foster and/or adoptive parent.
- Become a trained mentor or family home to a homeless teen who has aged-out of foster care.
- Join our "LIA" support team where you can assist us in caring for the orphans and widows through acts of services such as: transportation, finances, home repairs, car repairs, lawn care, cleaning and more!
Freedom Life church is...
- A host location for OFACA (Osceola Foster and Adoptive Children's Association).
- Partners with Grace Landings where together we are loving and providing care for young ladies who have aged-out of foster care and are now homeless. We are also partners with their Fostering Our Future program.
- A host location for PRIDE classes (training program for licensing you as a foster and/or adoptive parent).
- Partners with Osceola County Jail where we are ministering to men and women on a monthly basis.
- Partners with My Beloved Widows and Osceola Christian Ministries, where we are financially investing into the lives of the homeless and widows in our community.